Hector Garza Center
San Antonio, Texas
620 East Afton Oaks Blvd.
San Antonio, Texas 78232
Fax: (210) 490-9430
Email Mary Beth Sembrot for more program information »
Email Mark Evans for employment inquiries »
Click Here to view the Hector Garza Center Brochure in English
Click Here to view the Hector Garza Center Brochure in Spanish
- Texas Youth Commission adolescent males, ages 10 to 14, with serious behavioral and psychological impairments.
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services adolescent males and females, ages 10 to 17, with serious behavioral and psychological impairments.
- Contracted county juvenile probation department adolescent males and females, ages 10 to 17, with serious behavioral and psychological impairments.
- I.Q. of 70 or above (exceptions will be made on a case by case basis).
- Individual and group therapy with cognitive behavioral emphasis.
- Conflict resolution, problem solving, and life skill psycho-educational groups.
- Comprehensive individualized assessment and treatment plans.
- Multidisciplinary, professional staff provides bilingual services and culturally appropriate programming.
- Alcohol and substance abuse and/or addiction education.
- On-site psychological and psychiatric services.
- Family counseling and visitation.
The Hector Garza Center provides many on-site services including a certified, award winning, state commended school and an MD supervised medical department. Therapists are Masters level counselors. A recreation program is provided year round and includes swimming, arts and crafts, outings, and programs with local volunteers.